So, how you can install WordPress locally on your computer using Bitnami WordPress?
We are going to do it in very simple steps!
We need to download “Bitnami WordPress”. Bitnami is a ready-made solution that allows us to run WordPress on our computer. We will download it from here download bitnami.
It’s available for different operating systems Win/Mac/Linux. You will download the file according to your operating system. Today, we will use Windows.
Install WordPress Locally
Now we will install “Bitnami WordPress”.
- Double click on the saved file and click Yes.
- Select the language and click OK.
- Now keep clicking next and here you need to input some details and set your user login and password for your local WordPress site.
- Click Next. Now, you have to choose some Ports (Apache, MySql, and so on).
- Keep clicking Next. Input your Blog name, and keep clicking the Next button several times until the installation is finished. It may take some time. When it’s finished, click the Finish button.
- It will take you to a page where you need to click “access WordPress”. Yes, now you can see your WordPress site is running on your computer.
- You can log in to your WordPress Dashboard by typing /wp-admin after your local site URL and it will take you to the login page. Now use your user id and password for the login that you used during installation. You can also change this URL IP address to localhost.
- So, this is how you can install WordPress locally on your computer.
In the next lesson, we will learn “How to Install a Theme in WordPress” so you can change your site’s looks and feels.
Let’s not forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and stay with us to learn everything about the World’s most popular CMS WordPress.
We are uploading step-by-step tutorial videos regularly on World’s most popular website content management system WordPress. So, stay tuned and keep learning.
We also recommend you to check out this article 5 Reasons why you should choose WordPress over other CMS.