Ashley WordPress Theme Documentation
We strongly request you to check the installation video above and also go through this easy and detailed instruction which will answer most of your questions.
If you have some issues that are beyond this instruction, please feel free to contact us via our Support Page. Our average response time is around 12 – 36 hours on weekdays.
Installing the Theme
After you purchase, you will get the download link to your Email. Go to that link and download the file to your computer
1. If you purchase the Theme from our website (essentialwebapps.com), you will get the installable WordPress theme (ewa-ashley-theme.zip) ZIP file only.
2. If you purchase the theme from other marketplaces, you will get a Zip folder (ashley-feminine-wordpress-theme-unzip-first.zip), which you will need to unzip first. After unzipping this zip file, you will find the installable WordPress theme (ewa-ashley-theme.zip) ZIP file and other related files/folders inside it.
Now you need to install the theme file ewa-ashley-theme.zip. You can install the theme in a couple of ways.
1. Install via WordPress
- Log in to your WordPress admin area
- Browse to Appearance > Themes
- Click on Add New
- Click Upload
- Browse and select the theme zip file ewa-ashley-theme.zip from your computer to upload
- Now you see, the theme is installed
- Now Click Activate to activate the theme
2. Install via FTP
You can also install the Theme via FTP and here it is goes:
- Connect to your server through FTP or SFTP, by using an FTP client like FileZilla.
- Find the WordPress installation root folder.
- Browse to the “/wp-content/themes/” folder.
- Unzip/extract the theme file ewa-ashley-theme.zip that is in your PC and upload the folder ewa-ashley-theme there
- Login to your WordPress admin area and go to Appearance > Themes to activate the EWA Ashley theme.
Check out the guide on WordPress.org for more information.
Load the Demo Data
Ashley comes with One-Click Demo import features to make your customization super easy. After installing the theme you need to do the following for demo data to import (please check the attached screenshots to understand better)
1. Click On Begin Installing Plugins.
2. Check all and select Install from the dropdown and then click on Apply button.
3. After Successfully Installed all Plugins you will see the message Return to Required Plugin Installer and click on it.
4. Check all and select Activate from dropdown and then click on Apply button.
5. After Successfully activated all Plugins you will see the message Return to the Dashboard and click on it.
6. Go Appereance > Import Demo Data and then click on Import Demo Data button.
Please wait and DON’T CLOSE TAB/WINDOW before importing data. it will take few minutes and depends on you Internet Speed.
7. After Successfully Imported all data you will see this message That’s it. all done! now please visit your website front page and it will look like the Preview. Enjoy! Now edit/update the pages with your own content.
Set Up Theme Menus
To edit the Menus, go Appereance > Menus and Edit/Update your Menus the way you want.
Primary Menu: is the main theme Menu that is showing to the header across all the theme post/pages.
Footer Menu: is the secondary theme Menu that is showing to the footer across all the theme post/pages
Ashley WordPress theme comes with lots of admin options, Go to Appearance > Ashley Options from the left panel and you’ll see all the cool things you can customize to suite your needs
From changing the Logo to styling Navigation, Footer, Header etc – You can just do these with a mouse click
Ashley comes with Elementor Page Builder. This amazing page builder got its highest ranking on WordPress within a very short time, with a 5+ million active installation.
Including our premium 10+ custom widgets (More will be adding frequently) provided by the Ashley theme, you will have 40+ widgets and elements to choose from.
If you want to edit or create a page, then all you need to do is “Edit with Elementor” button to edit the page.
To edit pages
Click on any block on the page, the input field will appear on the left, you can edit content, change the color from there. Or if requires create new sections, block and edit them. You can see the changes in real-time like you are creating a masterpiece with zero coding skills required.
Home Page Details
Let’s start with the first section of your home page known as the Hero or intro section. You can change the contents and images according to your preferences. Just click on the hero section and the input fields will appear on the left side of the Elementor editor.
Under the Style tab, you can change some styling of the content.
Here, this image is coming from the Elementor section. Click the edit section button and select the style tab. Now you can change the image and other styling property from the left menu of the Elementor.
Moving to the about section, you can change the content and styling by clicking on the about section.
The next section is the blog, where you can show your posts. This first post is the featured post. If you select the Stick to the top option from post edit view. Then this post will appear here.
Here the tab one total posts and tab two total posts are the total number of trendy and recent posts that you want to show on this section.
On this button, you can link to any of your posts/pages, but the standard will be to link your blog page here.
The post’s source is the slug of the categories that you want to show here. You can leave it empty if you want to show posts from all Categories.
You will find these categories slugs on the categories page on the WordPress admin panel.
If you wish to show posts from different categories, just put the slugs separated by a comma. And the Style Tab has some content styling.
Let’s move to my offer section. Here click on the add item button to add the accordion content.
Under this style tab, you can make some styling changes to my offer texts.
For the Newsletter section, you have to enter the MailChimp form id using shortcode widgets of Elementor.
You will find this form id from the WordPress admin panel’s MailChimp forms page.
Please check the documentation tab Connect Instagram Feed first. The follow these steps.
To show the Instagram Feed, you have to enter the shortcode that you will find under the display your feed tab on the Instagram Feed settings page.
We are using the shortcode option [instagram-feed] to show the feed and the other shortcode options are for design purposes.
About Page Details
You’re About Me page is one of the most important pages on your website. Here you get the chance to tell your visitor who you are, what you do, how you do.
Let’s quickly go through the different sections of the About Me page.
The page starts with a simple intro section. If you click on the intro section you can change the image and content from the left panel of the Elementor dashboard.
This image is coming from the Elementor section. You can find the image and its setting under the style of the edit section menu.
Moving to the next section, here Elementor basic built-in widgets like image, heading, text editor, etc were used to display the content.
You can add more widgets by using the search box of the Elementor left menu.
There are two sidebars widgets on this page. One is for your Pinterest Feed and the other one is for placing Advertisements.
For the Pinterest feed to show, go to this Pinterest API link, put your profile URL on the field Pinterest user URL. It will give you a code. You will use this code to show the feed on your website. Just copy and paste this code to an HTML Code Widget and it will display your Pinterest Feed.
Lastly, the Advertisement sidebar widget. You can use an Elementor Image Widget to show as advertisement.
Blog Page Details
Blog page posts are coming from widget.
To set the widget setting go to the appearance from the dashboard and click on widgets.
Now find the sidebar Blog Page Content from the sidebar area and click on this to see the widget Ashley Post Feed.
After you import the demo data the widget Ashley Post Feed will appear automatically here. But if it does not appear here you can easily add this from the available widgets area.
By clicking into the widget and select the Blog Page Content from the options, now click this add widget button.
If you click on the widget, you can edit some of the content settings. Here grid-thumbnail is the template which we are using to display the blog page content, and you can also set the initial post amount to load in the next option.
You can also exclude the categories id of the post here with a minus sign separated by a comma. Lastly, if you want a load more button, mark this option. Also sets an offset amount which means the number of posts will load in every click on the load more button.
Service Page Details
The service page contains some images of your services, a short intro about your services, a list of the services you offer, a testimonial, and a Call To Action Section.
For the first image section, we have used the Elementor built-in image widgets. If you click on the edit image button, you can change the images and their styling under the content and style tab from the left Elementor panel.
In this My Services section, you can give a short intro about your services. Just click on the section and the input fields will be appearing at the left panel of the Elementor.
You can link the list of this page Services to this Icon putting the Section ID.
Moving to the service section where you can add your services by clicking on add item button.
Let’s move to the Testimonial section. Here you can add success stories from real people that have worked with your business in the past to sell the value of your services. Click on add item button to add your past success stories.
Under this style tab you will find some styling elements of your testimonial widgets.
Call To Action:
Now that you have highlighted your services and success stories, the very last section should include a converting call to action. If you click on the CTA section, you can change the content and its style as your need from the left panel of the Elementor.
Contact Page Details
Contact page’s Contact form is coming from the plugin Contact Form 7 by using the form shortcode into a Shortcode widget.
You will find this shortcode from the contact menu of the dashboard and by clicking the contact forms.
At the bottom of the page, you will find the contact form shortcode. Use this shortcode to display the form on your website.
Lastly, the contact page comes with an FAQ section. To edit the FAQ content click on the section and input fields will appear on the left panel.
Now, click on this add items button to add accordion items according to your preferences.
And under this style tab, you will find some styling property of this FAQ section.
Connect Instagram Feed
After you importing the Demo Data, you will not see the Instagram Feed on your Frontpage. It is because you will need to connect your Instagram account. Here is the step by step process.
1. First, login to your Facebook, why? It is needed as Facebook and Instagram are using the same shared API
2. From the WordPress dashboard, go to Instagram Feed > Settings.
3. Click Connect an Instagram account.
4. Select Personal or Business (the one your account type is) and then click Connect
5. If you are already logged to Facebook, You will now see Your Facebook account name. Please click on it. If you are not logged in, then it will ask you to log in. So, login please.
6. Now Check your Instagram account and click Connect Accounts. Thats all, you now check and your Instagram Feed will show on the page
Connect Mailchimp Newsletter
Mailchimp newsletter has been integrated with our theme. If you want to collect the email addresses of your future clients, you can use this feature. For this, You need to have a Mailchimp account and need to connect it with your website Newsletter plugin.
1. Login to your Mailchimp account and then collect the Mailchimp API Key.
2. Go to WordPress dashboard and then click on Mailchimp. Put your API Key there and Save Changes
3. If you go to the Mailchimp Settings tab, you will see some advanced settings. Our theme demo data has comes with all settings, so you probably don’t need this. But still, if you want some advanced settings, you can do it. Also, you can get the form shortcode here which you can use in any pages, or widgets to show the form there. This is a very cool feature!
3. If you go to the Mailchimp Fields tab, you will see the Newsletter HTML form. Please do not edit it, otherwise, your form style may break. But of course, if you have basic HTML knowledge, you can tweak it. Also, you can use your own custom Mailchimp Form HTML code here or add your Mailchimp extra fields if needed.
3. If you go to the Mailchimp Messages tab, you will see all the messages, related to your newsletter form. For example, you can put your custom messages when a user Subscribe and so on. Feel free to edit those.
Install Child Theme
The good thing about our theme is, we also provide a child theme. So, you don’t need to create it but can use it right away.
Do not write/edit Parent theme’s CSS, JS, PHP files. Because this way you will lose changes during the Theme update as it will replace the parent theme files. If you want to customize the theme’s CSS, JS, PHP files Instead do the following:
After installing parent theme (ewa-ashley-theme.zip) and importing the Demo data, install (the same way you installed the parent theme.) the child theme (ewa-ashley-theme-child.zip) that is included in the download and activate it. This way you will not lose any changes when we update the parent theme (ewa-ashley-theme.zip).
See the official details docs about child theme.
Issue: The package could not be installed.
If you purchase Ashley from other marketplaces than our website and during install, if you get the following error:
“Installing Theme from uploaded file: ashley-feminine-wordpress-theme-unzip-first.zip
Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Theme installation failed.”
The reason is:
You are trying to install the whole ZIP folder (ashley-feminine-wordpress-theme-unzip-first.zip) which you downloaded. This is wrong.
You need to UNZIP this ZIP folder first. To do so, just right-click on the ZIP folder and then Click Extract Here.
And then you will find the Theme ZIP file “ewa-ashley-theme.zip” which you need to install.
So now, if you install ewa-ashley-theme.zip, you will not get this error.
Sources and Credits
2021, April 04 – v 1.0.1
– Features: Post Image caption added
– Features: Post Author info section added
– Features: Post Social sharing (facebook, twitter, linkedin, email) option added
– Fixed: Post feed widget order by date
– Fixed: Mobile Hamburger
– Fixed: Some style fix and improvement
– Updated: Ashley Elementor Addon to V: 1.0.1
– Updated: Theme Options Panel
– Updated: Theme documentation
2021, March 01– v 1.0.0
– Initial release