Amanda WordPress Theme Documentation
We strongly request you to check the installation video above and also go through this easy and detailed instruction which will answer most of your questions.
If you have some issues that are beyond this instruction, please feel free to contact us via our Support Page. Our average response time is around 12 – 36 hours on weekdays.
Installing the Theme
After you purchase, you will get the download link to your Email. Go to that link and download the file to your computer
1. If you purchase the Theme from our website (essentialwebapps.com), you will get the installable WordPress theme (ewa-amanda-theme.zip) ZIP file only.
2. If you purchase the theme from other marketplaces, you will get a Zip folder (amanda-feminine-wordpress-theme-unzip-first.zip), which you will need to unzip first. After unzipping this zip file, you will find the installable WordPress theme (ewa-amanda-theme.zip) ZIP file and other related files/folders inside it.
Now you need to install the theme file ewa-amanda-theme.zip. You can install the theme in a couple of ways.
1. Install via WordPress
- Log in to your WordPress admin area
- Browse to Appearance > Themes
- Click on Add New
- Click Upload Theme
- Browse and select the theme zip file ewa-amanda-theme.zip from your computer to upload
- Click Install Now
- Now you see, the theme is installed
- Now Click Activate to activate the theme
2. Install via FTP
You can also install the Theme via FTP and here it is goes:
- Connect to your server through FTP or SFTP, by using an FTP client like FileZilla.
- Find the WordPress installation root folder.
- Browse to the “/wp-content/themes/” folder.
- Unzip/extract the theme file ewa-amanda-theme.zip that is in your PC and upload the folder ewa-amanda-theme there
- Login to your WordPress admin area and go to Appearance > Themes to activate the EWA Amanda theme.
Check out the guide on WordPress.org for more information.
Load the Demo Data
Amanda comes with One-Click Demo import features to make your customization super easy. After installing the theme you need to do the following for demo data to import (please check the attached screenshots to understand better)
1. Click On Begin Installing Plugins.
2. Check all and select Install from the dropdown and then click on Apply button.
3. After Successfully Installed all Plugins you will see the message Return to Required Plugin Installer and click on it.
4. Check all and select Activate from dropdown and then click on Apply button.
5. After Successfully activated all Plugins you will see the message Return to the Dashboard and click on it.
6. Go Appereance > Import Demo Data and then click on Import Demo Data button.
Please wait and DON’T CLOSE TAB/WINDOW before importing data. it will take few minutes and depends on you Internet Speed.
7. After Successfully Imported all data you will see this message That’s it. all done! now please visit your website front page and it will look like the Preview. Enjoy! Now edit/update the pages with your own content.
Set Up Theme Menus
To edit the Menus, go Appereance > Menus and Edit/Update your Menus the way you want.
Primary Menu: is the main theme Menu that is showing to the header across all the theme post/pages.
Footer Menu: is the secondary theme Menu that is showing to the footer across all the theme post/pages
Amanda WordPress theme comes with lots of admin options, Go to Appearance > Amanda Options from the left panel and you’ll see all the cool things you can customize to suite your needs
From changing the Logo to styling Navigation, Footer, Header etc – You can just do these with a mouse click
Amanda is Gutenberg Drag & Drop blocks compatible. Along with default blocks, Amanda WordPress Blog Theme comes with custom Gutenberg blocks. These make your editing experience of post/pages super easy.
Home page is a special page with posts slider & posts feed and these come from widgets.
For Home page details editing, see the next section “Home Page Details”.
Other pages(About, Contact, Services) are built with Gutenberg Drag & Drop blocks. To edit a page you just need to go to “Pages” and click the “Edit” link of any page.
After opening the page, if you click on any block you will see the option to edit it.
You can also add any available Gutenberg Block to the page if you wish.
For Other pages details editing, see the next few sections in this documentation.
Home Page Details
There are two sections on Home Page. This slider
And the newsfeed. Both sections’ content is coming from the widgets.
To set the widget settings go to the appearance from the dashboard and click on widgets.
Now find the sidebar Home Page Top from the sidebar area and click on this to see the widget Amanda Selected Posts Slider.
After you import the demo data the widget Amanda Selected Posts Slider will appear automatically here. But if it does not appear here you can easily add this from the available widgets area.
By clicking into the widget and select the Sidebar Home Page Top from the options, now click this add widget button.
If you click on the widget, you can edit some of the slider settings. Here grid-thumbnail-alt is the template which we are using to display the slider, and you can select the post type, taxonomy in the next option.
Moving to the newsfeed section, similarly find the sidebar Home Page Content from the sidebar area, and click on this to see the widget Amanda Post Feed.
If you can’t find the Amanda Post Feed here after importing demo data, read the slider widget section documentation to add the widget.
Now click on the widget, you can edit some of the content settings. Here grid-thumbnail is the template which we are using to display the home page posts, and you can also set the initial post amount to load in the next option.
You can also exclude the categories id of the post here with a minus sign separated by a comma. Lastly, if you want a load more button, mark this option.
Also sets an offset amount which means the number of posts will load in every click on the load more button.
About Page Details
Your About Me page is one of the most important pages on your website. Here you get the chance to tell your visitor who you are, what you do, how you do. Click this edit page button to edit the page contents.
The full About page was build using Gutenberg Basic Blocks like Paragraph, Image, Heading, Custom HTML, etc. If you click on the content you can edit them according to your preferences.
You can add more blocks by click on this plus icon from the top menu of the edit page. Now search the desire blocks from this left menu.
Services Page Details
The service page contains some images of your services, a short intro about your services, a list of the services you offer, a testimonial, and a Call To Action Section. The entire service page was build using our Premium Gutenberg Blocks powered by ACF (Advanced Custom Field Pro) .
For this image section, we have used two custom image fields. If you click on the images you can change the images from the right sidebar.
In this My Services section, you can give a short intro about your services. Just click on this section and the input fields will appear on the right sidebar.
You can link the list of your services or anywhere using this button.
Under this color setting, you can change the color of your content.
Moving to the service section where you can add your services by clicking on this add row button.
On this button, you can link to the Service details page.
You can change the color of the services section content here.
Let’s move to the testimonial section. Here you can add success stories from real people that you have worked in the past, so your future clients can see your social proof. Click on add row button to add your past success stories.
Under this color setting, you can change the color of your content.
Call To Action:
Now that you have highlighted your services and success stories, the very last section should include a call to action. If you click on the CTA section, you can change the content and color of the content as your wish from right sidebar.
Place the link to your contact or to another page with this call now button.
Contact Page Details
Contact Page comes with a Contact Form, powered by heavily used WordPress Plugin – Contact Form 7.
Now click this edit page button and it will take you to the edit page.
To display the form a Gutenberg shortcode block was used.
You will find this id from the contact menu of the dashboard and click the contact forms.
At the bottom of the page, you will find the contact form id use this id to display the form on your website.
Connect Instagram Feed
After you importing the Demo Data, you will not see the Instagram Feed on your Frontpage. It is because you will need to connect your Instagram account. Here is the step by step process.
1. First, login to your Facebook, why? It is needed as Facebook and Instagram are using the same shared API
2. From the WordPress dashboard, go to Instagram Feed > Settings.
3. Click Connect an Instagram account.
4. Select Personal or Business (the one your account type is) and then click Connect
5. If you are already logged to Facebook, You will now see Your Facebook account name. Please click on it. If you are not logged in, then it will ask you to log in. So, login please.
6. Now Check your Instagram account and click Connect Accounts. Thats all, you now check and your Instagram Feed will show on the page
Connect Mailchimp Newsletter
Mailchimp newsletter has been integrated with our theme. If you want to collect the email addresses of your future clients, you can use this feature. For this, You need to have a Mailchimp account and need to connect it with your website Newsletter plugin.
1. Login to your Mailchimp account and then collect the Mailchimp API Key.
2. Go to WordPress dashboard and then click on Mailchimp. Put your API Key there and Save Changes
3. If you go to the Mailchimp Settings tab, you will see some advanced settings. Our theme demo data has comes with all settings, so you probably don’t need this. But still, if you want some advanced settings, you can do it. Also, you can get the form shortcode here which you can use in any pages, or widgets to show the form there. This is a very cool feature!
3. If you go to the Mailchimp Fields tab, you will see the Newsletter HTML form. Please do not edit it, otherwise, your form style may break. But of course, if you have basic HTML knowledge, you can tweak it. Also, you can use your own custom Mailchimp Form HTML code here or add your Mailchimp extra fields if needed.
3. If you go to the Mailchimp Messages tab, you will see all the messages, related to your newsletter form. For example, you can put your custom messages when a user Subscribe and so on. Feel free to edit those.
Install Child Theme
The good thing about our theme is, we also provide a child theme. So, you don’t need to create it but can use it right away.
Do not write/edit Parent theme’s CSS, JS, PHP files. Because this way you will lose changes during the Theme update as it will replace the parent theme files. If you want to customize the theme’s CSS, JS, PHP files Instead do the following:
After installing parent theme (ewa-ashley-theme.zip) and importing the Demo data, install (the same way you installed the parent theme.) the child theme (ewa-ashley-theme-child.zip) that is included in the download and activate it. This way you will not lose any changes when we update the parent theme (ewa-ashley-theme.zip).
See the official details docs about child theme.
Issue: The package could not be installed.
If you purchase Amanda from other marketplaces than our website and during install, if you get the following error:
“Installing Theme from uploaded file: amanda-wordpress-blog-theme-unzip-first.zip
Unpacking the package…
Installing the theme…
The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.
Theme installation failed.”
The reason is:
You are trying to install the whole ZIP folder (amanda-wordpress-blog-theme-unzip-first.zip) which you downloaded. This is wrong.
You need to UNZIP this ZIP folder first. To do so, just right-click on the ZIP folder and then Click Extract Here.
And then you will find the Theme ZIP file “ewa-amanda-theme.zip” which you need to install.
So now, if you install ewa-amanda-theme.zip, you will not get this error.
Sources and Credits
2021, April 01– v 1.0.0
– Initial release